Thursday, June 2, 2011

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!

So this is Jack's last day of first grade.  Or as he put it this morning, "I'm 99.9% second- grader already."  Dropping him off with his gifts for his teacher (yes, the boy wrote her a poem) and principal (after realizing how hard a poem was, he went for a more straightforward letter, but it was gorgeous and tear-provoking and contained the word "magical", or "magicil" as he spelled it, but I've never been one for editing my children).  We will miss Hexter Elementary.  I have adored so many people.  I pray we are making the best decision.  As for Isabel, well I think this picture says it all: the girl reminds me daily a.) just how much drool there really is in the world, and b.) what joy looks like.  Guess life continues on whether the milestone chart says you're up to date or not.  Hmm.

Now we charge into the unknown summer, certain to be filled with sweat, tears, and yes possibly a little blood.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: